Botox (Injectable treatment for Fine Lines and Wrinkles)
What is Botox?
It is a purified protein produced by Clostridium botulinum bacterium. It has the ability to affect the nerve impulses that control facial expression muscles, which lead to wrinkles. By exerting a relaxing effect on these muscles, you can bluntly reduce the appearance of these wrinkles. As a result of the Botox on the Skin.
* Used properly does not cause a facial freezing expression.
- Adheres to the nerve end plate.
- Blocks the release of acetylcholine.
- This union is permanent and the release of acetylcholine begins again when a new terminal plate comes out of the nerve.
- The clinical effects after the injection begin on the third or fifth day, the final effects are evident in seven or ten days and persist for 90 to 120 days.
4 – 24 H
1 – 2 Weeks
3 – 4 Months
2 Session a Year at least. Recommended Age to Start 35 YO.
Is injected into regions where there are wrinkles, such as the frontal (Forehead), periorbicular areas of the face (Crow feets) and between the eyebrows (The 11’s or Frown). It is also often used to raise the eyebrows, eliminate wrinkles of the neckline, those of the chin and those of the neck.
Tips before application.
Two weeks before it is convenient:
- Avoid taking medications and vitamins that change the composition of the blood, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, ginkgo biloba, vitamin E, garlic pills.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
Tips after application
- Avoid going to bed during the next four hours to the application to prevent diffusion of the drug to adjacent unwanted areas.
- Avoid doing strong exercises in the next four hours, such as going to the gym or dancing.
- Ice at intervals if bruises or purples appear. For bruises, you can apply cream with vitamin K twice a day or arnica.
- Avoid massaging the area where the infiltration was performed.
OUT OF TOWN PATIENTS
GET STARTED HERE
Your journey to a better you begins now. Dr. Tajkarimi is ready to begin the conversations that will help treat your conditions and complaints, transform your life, build your confidence, and bring you the happiness that comes from looking and feeling better about yourself. Fill out our secure request form below to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tajkarimi.